Thursday 1 January 2015

My 2012 in 6,505: The Unused Photos (Stop Motion) of my 366 Project




Naturally, when you take a photo a day for a whole year then you will generate some photos that you will not use, but that does not mean that you should throw them away or delete them. While I was undertaking this project, I was very aware that I could make something out of all the unused photographs I was generating; I did not know what I would do with them, but I decided I would keep them all and see what ideas grew out of it.

However, it never occurred to me that what I had sitting on my harddrive was a series of short stop motion animation sequences chronicling an entire year; I only became aware of this after I exported a slideshow of the photos from Picasa and then took that 1 hour and 30 minutes video and speeded it up in my editing software. Ultimately, the above video grew out of that sped-up stop motion slideshow.

Ultimately, I am glad that I have produced this companion video to the main It's a Habit: The Photographs and Philosophy of my 366 Project summative video, because it offers a quirky alternative viewpoint of this project from my point of view and has been instrumental in determining the approach I am going to adopt in my 365 Project for 2015. 365 FRAMES 2015 will not just be individual photos for each day of 2015, it's going to be a little bit more expansive than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment